20 Questions with a Disneyland Paris Fan – Yolanda Bernárdez
1. When did you first visit Disneyland Paris?
June 2003, when I was almost 10 years old.
2. How many times have you been in total?
3. What’s your first memory of Disneyland Paris?
Entering for the first time to Sequoia Lodge Hotel and seeing Goofy dressed in the Sequoia Lodge uniform. I was so excited that I just starter to jump in the middle of the corridor! : )
4. What’s your favourite attraction and why?
Each one has something special, but I’d say “Pirates of the Caribbean”. I’ve always loved the “Drink up me hearties, yo ho!” song, and when I saw my favourite actor playing the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, who sings that song too, my adventurous spirit started to grow up even more! And the animatronics look so real that it’s easy for me to get into the pirate stories!
5. Where do you stay when you visit Disneyland Paris?
From my first visit to the last one (last October) we’ve been staying at Disney’s Sequoia Lodge. We love American forests and after having stood at hotel rooms and lodges, the feeling is the same as being at the heart of nature. Comfortable, perfect!
6. Where’s your favourite place to eat?
For eating in a restaurant, I’d choose Blue Lagoon. Its unique, special atmosphere, the tasty food and CM are really good, as well as the possibility of eating looking at the attraction. Talking about fast-food, Au Chalet de la Marionnette. Pinocchio’s decorations are perfect for a place like this.
7. What you do first when you get to Disneyland Paris?
I walk down Main Street USA and the, I stop one moment to admire Sleeping Beauty Castle. So beautiful.
8. Pins, Vinylmations or neither?
Although I like Vinylmations, I prefer pins. Pin trading is an event nobody should miss, and the chance of having pins from different characters, seasons and movies after a few visits to DLP is wonderful. Each pin has its own story, and history, behind itself.
9. Do you want to see the Captain Jack Sparrow brought to the Disneyland Paris Pirates of the Caribbean like they have in Walt Disney World and Disneyland?
Yes. I don’t think Jack Sparrow will change anything more than it should be. Almost everyone thinks about him when going to the attraction!
10. Is there anything in Disneyland Paris you have never done that still would like to do?
I’d really like to see a panoramic view of the parks from Panoramagique. Hopefully, if weather allows it, next time!
11. Before you do you plan yours days or just see what happens when you are there?
I plan and book the restaurants. For the rest of the day -fast food meals, attractions … We just go with a brief idea of where we’d like to go
12. What piece of music or song do you most associate with Disneyland Paris and why?
Difficult to say but now I’d say/sing “Happy, happy, happy, happy Halloween … ” because is the one I danced and sang the most at last Halloween season!
13. If you had to make someone a fan of Disneyland Paris by showing them 5 attractions/buildings/shows – what would they be?
Pirates of the Caribbean, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Cinemagique, Le Pays des Contes de Feés, It’s a Small World (and then I’ll continue with the rest of them!)
14. If you could add one new attraction to Disneyland Paris what would it be and where would you put it?
One from “The Little Mermaid” movie. I imagine it as a mix of Crush Coaster and Peter Pan!
15. If you could spend one night anywhere in Disneyland Paris, except the hotels, where would it be?
At one of the Sleeping Beauty Castle’s balconies. Views from the park at night from there … speechless.
16. Are you planning to visit Disneyland Paris during the 20th Anniversary Celebrations, if so when?
Yes, in July. I’ll be studying in Paris so visiting DLP is a must! Hope this plan is changed because I’ve passed CM selection!
17. If you could be a Cast Member for a day in Disneyland Paris, where would you work?
At Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, dressed like a real pirate!
18. Is there anything you dislike about Disneyland Paris or would change?
Not really. Maybe free WiFi? 🙂
19. What’s your single greatest memory of Disneyland Paris?
The first time I saw Minnie on my first trip. It was my last day at the park and it took ages to find her! Anyway, I remember her hug and my huge smile as if it was yesterday.
20. In no more than 20 words I love Disneyland Paris because…
It doesn’t matter how old we are that we can always find that hidden Peter Pan inside ourselves.
You can follow Yolanda on Twitter here: @yolidbsc and watch her journey to becoming a Cast Member.
Want to be featured in 20 Questions with a Disneyland Paris Fan? Just email the answers to the questions, which can be found here, to email@example.com and let everyone know what you love about Disneyland Paris and why it’s the happiest place on Earth.